The Malaspina Naturalists are a group of people who are fascinated by the flora, fauna and geology surrounding Powell River, here in beautiful British Columbia.
At heart we’re a club of enthusiasts rather than one of advocates. We don’t raise money or endorse causes, no matter how worthy they may be. Instead we focus on doing three things:
- we host speakers who wish to share their passion for nature, whether that be through science, exploration of amazing places, or something else.
- we lead field-trips to help others explore and understand our local (and not so local) natural history.
- we involve young naturalists in a variety of activities that are fun, safe and educational.
We hope you’ll enjoy these pages and welcome you to join us!
* click on any image to view as a slide show, and “Esc” to return to this page.
– web design & implementation by Andrew A. Bryant Services
– images by Andrew Bryant, Heather Harbord, David Bedry and contributers
– text by Janet Southcott, Heather Harbord, Sherri Wretham and contributers